[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Christian Columbia Legacy box

Zerxpress at aol.com Zerxpress at aol.com
Sat May 5 12:55:36 PDT 2007

Yes, that Charlie Christian Legacy box is mega-dumb.  Whatever
that foam is  ( is there a name for that stuff ? ),  it will  degrade after
half dozen years and little particles will come off onto the CDs.
For those of you who do not own this gem:  the 4 CDs are lodged
into this foam.    ( You might pick up the JSP issue of  mostly the
same material.)  I intend to remove the foam, soon. And put the  CDs
in jewel cases, and those will probably all still fit into the box,  that
looks like a guitar amplifier.   Also, I put that box on my shelf  upside
down, because, if you forget (senility sneaks up on a person), the
box slips off from the top, so that when you
take it off the shelf,   the CDs fall out from the bottom like a  trap
door.

--Mark Weber
KUNM.org  Thursday jazz radio
Albuquerque