[Dixielandjazz] Poor Ken Burns

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat May 5 09:39:39 PDT 2007

As a writer and historian, I can say with experience that it's impossible to
include absolutely everyone/thing.  And in light of the modern desire to
litigate, I'm not at all surprised the bitching has begun already.  Hell, I
oughta throw my hat in the ring.  My father served only a few months in WWII
as a Marine MP in Frisco.  Burns had better have covered (and thoroughly)
the efforts of the 18-yr-old Marine MPs who specifically entered the war in
1945, and even more specifically those who saw Donald O'Connor dance in a
Frisco nightclub (one of my Pop's fondest memories of his war service), or
he's going to hear from my lawyer,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.