[Dixielandjazz] Paul Whiteman on Riverwalk

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:32:34 PDT 2007

Many years ago, my late friend Reg Cooper had told me to listen with
my own ears rather than those of critics!  And I have ever since.
My first exposure to Whiteman (other than the Beiderbecke tracks) was
on the American CBS album "The Original Sounds of the Twenties."
There was one Whiteman track featuring Andy Secrest, and I found if
fantastic!  I have not become a Whiteman groupie, but I have since
acquired quite a lot of excellent JAZZ recordings by his orchestra.
Cheers