[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics To "Mighty 'Lak A Rose?

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 15:01:36 PDT 2007

Listmates,

  I enjoyed again a recording of Jack Teagarden playing "Mighty 'Lak A Rose" last night. I was wondering about the lyrics. Does anyone know them?

  All I remember is the line: "Don't know what to call you, but you're mighty lak a rose."

  I think it was meant as a song being sung by a black mother to her newborn infant.
  Don't shoot me if I'm wrong on that please. As usual, Jack played it as though he had "lived it."

  Marty Nichols
  Trombone
  http://myspace.com/freemarty