[Dixielandjazz] A modest proposal

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Tue Mar 27 10:15:15 PDT 2007

This happens every time I go away for more than a few days...

All the juicy stuff starts flowing, and I get left out.  It reminds me
of those old westerns where people settle their disagreements by
shooting each other: a dramatic fantasy, but not quite how things really
work.  Armed people actually tend to treat each other with a great deal
of courtesy since there is little room for hot tempers in the presence
of hot steel.

That being said, let's recognize that we speak differently when we're
sharing a beer in the greenroom than when we're onstage.  DJML is
somewhere between the two: it's a public forum (posts going back for
years can be searched via Google even without joining the list!) but
it's a community of friends who often have different views.

Differing views are welcome and encouraged, but they can and should be
expressed without criticizing people.  Say what you want about the
music, but be nice about the people.  Is that asking too much?

Paul Edgerton, who is happy to have made new friends in Hungary.