[Dixielandjazz] A band, Texas-style

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Sat Mar 24 17:07:33 PDT 2007

Pat, a minor correction may be in order here. My last message had nothing to
do with continuing any controversy (it¹s over) and I apologize to EVERYONE
if it was read that way. I never worked at the University of North Texas, in
or out of their jazz program. (That would have been wonderful, if true!)  I
worked in Dallas where I saw the enjoyable band I discussed and I am
interested in the band business, as stated in posts several months ago. Here
is an instance of someone funding a band out of his own pocket and I believe
that to be unique to Texas.  I have never suggested that self-subsidized
music happens anywhere else, nor do I believe that to be true.

David Dustin