[Dixielandjazz] Bunny Berigan

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Sat Mar 24 07:35:13 PDT 2007

Circa 1994, the Canadian comic strip ³For Better Or For Worse² featured a
brief story line with the kindly grandfather character discovering a horn in
a pawnshop (I believe it was identified as a Martin Committee) that he
determined had been the one stolen from Berigan back in the day. He starts
teaching his grandson a little bit about the big-band era of his youth.  Any
fact behind the fiction?   I always thought the segment was interesting
because my favorite lead horn (but not for my trad work) is my 1940 Martin
Committee bone in excellent shape.

David Dustin