[Dixielandjazz] The narcissitic exmplar

Bob Rubin rhr261 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 13:28:06 PDT 2007

--- Steve Barbone wrote:

> >David Dustin wrote:
>
> >It's instructive to have exemplars.  Avid list
> readers will know that I have
> >at least two: one is Donald Rumsfeld and the
> other an obtuse, narcissistic
> >band contractor evidently bored out of his
> mind.  I hold them both in equal
> >regard.
>
> There you go again talking about and describing
> yourself. Very instructive.
>
> Please, dear Neo Con, take it off list with me
> like a man. Are you afraid?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

  I disagree Steve. Keep it out there where we
all can see (and judge).

  Of course you recently "mistakenly" put
something on list that embarrassed you more than
Jim K, the target of your criticism. Jim came
back with a thoughtful, calm reply that I'm glad
was onlist. I'm surprised there were no comments
about this incident.

  David, don't leave the list as others who have
tried to go at it with Steve have done. I miss
them. Many of us, me anyway, enjoy your writing
and wit, even if you are not a worldclass
musician playing 200 high paying gigs a year and
even if never met and played with Coleman
Hawkins, Roy Eldridge, Pee Wee Russell, Vic
Dickenson, ... I better stop -listing the names
of the all time greats can be habit forming.

  Keep on writin'

 bob