[Dixielandjazz] Dustin's Diatribe

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 21 20:14:18 PDT 2007

From: David Dustin <postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org> wrote, (snip)

>My opinion, which doubtless is as outmoded as my views on self-effacement
>and tolerance of others, is that a band is a fairly static group of
>musicians who are thrown together by a combination of choice and necessity.
>To paraphrase another of my moral exemplars (ex-U.S. Secretary of Defense
>Donald Rumsfeld), you play trad jazz with the band you have, not the band
>you'd like to have.

Donald Rumsfeld? Ha, that explains you. He's the guy who lied the USA into
war with Iraq. And then sent an ill equipped armed force that he personally
cut to the bone and did not equip properly. Which resulted in thousands of
dead, and many thousands of maimed Americans. Then the maimed were
mistreated in Veteran's Hospitals on his watch. Now you want to quote him as
a moral exemplar for your band? Self effacement and tolerance of others? You
have to be kidding.

David, a real man would have kept views like that off list. Want to do it
now, or are you going to whine some more?

Musical content: "Put Magnetic Ribbons On Your SUV".

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. How's that other band in your neck of the woods doing?