[Dixielandjazz] Denis Carterre - RIP

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Mar 21 13:25:02 PDT 2007

It is with great regret and sorry that I announce the passing of
trombonist Denis Carterre.  First reports say he died of a brain seizure
but that is to be confirmed.  Denis was an excellent bone man and was
just a kick in the pants to hang with.  I will miss him dearly.  I last
saw him at the Sancy Snow Jazz festival at the end of February and he
was in top form.  We were to play together next month -- it will be a
difficult gig.

Although Denis wasn't a household name amongst fans, he was a solid side
man respected by musicians.  His biggest claim to fame is, perhaps, his
16 years with the famed Haricot Rouges.

http://caroline.jazzband.free.fr/Denis%20Carterre.html

Adieu mon ami