[Dixielandjazz] FW: Plastic Artisis

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 20:26:02 PDT 2007

No doubt this comment will upset many on this fine list, but I am not
one to mince words when it comes to professionalism and or the lack
thereof.

  Just bringing in other types of music to attract a wider audience is,
one of he major problems with the OKOM festivals is that the older
folks in charge set in their ways SEEM to only bring in their non
threatening friends bands to maintain their own gig security and seek
out reciprocal gigs for such bestowed favors. And these same
Entertainment committees hire bands from other genres the same way, not
for the quality or notoriety of the bands that can actually sell
tickets and entertain the folks who come to see them but more so just
to throw something else out there hoping that it will attract
additional tickets sold to primarily bring in enough money to keep
things at status Quo for the powers that be. And God forbid that it
would cause them to have to do any more advertising and or promotion to
the media about those acts.

  Having volunteers is wonderful folks, but just because you don't have
to pay them does not make them all a Bargain either, some organizations
in OKOM are lucky that they have actually survived as long as they
have. Much less grown and actually perpetuated and expanded the
audience for OKOM or anything else.

  Sorry but if da shoe fits please put them both on and wear them out of
town. :))

 Cheers,

 Tom Wiggins

 If you can't do it right then please don't do it at all.