[Dixielandjazz] Where is the Music Going? SXSW?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 21:28:07 PDT 2007

and to show you how and why the industry is in such turmoil:

This guy is a bit misinformed, if he thinks the Rock Band Boston came
from BOSTON, MASS.

it originated in San Francisco in my offices in the early 70's as a
Power Rock trio named "FOX"
The kid who was managing them was an intern for me and is now a
Professor at Berkelee College of Music in Boston, living well off all
the money he made with the band in their hey day.   By the way their
Lead singer just died last week at 55.   Heck in those days guys we
were lucky to get them $150.00 a gig.

You see how things get twisted a bit in history, as time goes by and
younger generations of journalist get jobs writing about what they
really have no clue but it shows up in the New York Times because
obviously the editor does not know any better either.

I will not comment upon the accuracy of the origin of the other bands
he speaks of, but I am sure Boston loves to claim them as their own
especially after so many years of the Red Sox losing  :))

Cheers,

Tom