[Dixielandjazz] On topic! Scottish pronunciation (for Scotch lovers - the rest of you swine simply delete)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Mar 14 18:27:32 PDT 2007

 From my personal experience (in a very, very authentic Greek
restaurant in the French Quarter,[ I think maybe now Banu Gibson's
club -to get slightly back on topic]) real Ouzo is more related to
Absinthe. "Tourist Ouzo" does not have the "secret ingredient" but it
still tastes more like Absinthe. I have tasted Absinthe legally in
Spain and Brazil, by the way (Damn the Federales! ;-) and the
sensation of the wormwood was the same as the Ouzo from New Orleans.)

The Wormwood that is a key ingredient in "real Ouzo"  is most
assuredly not found in single malt scotch!

If you mix Absinthe or Ouzo with water it clouds up - if you mix
single malt with a "wee bit" of water (from the source, or if that is
not available, distilled) you get perfection!

Dave Richoux

So what is the OKOM link, you ask?

http://www.live365.com/stations/absintheradio

DJ: Wally Stephens
Location: Historic Roser Park, FL, United States
Absinthe Radio is a celebration of the classic sounds of the 20s and
30s, and their peculiar partnership with another perfect pastime,
Absinthe. Tune in and indulge in the bump & growl of prohibition pop
& speakeasy swing.