[Dixielandjazz] The Cat Empire

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Mar 14 15:34:22 PDT 2007

I just discovered an Australian rock band called The Cat Empire.  Maybe
they have been around a while, but they be new to me.  I like 'em.  They
are fun.  Anyway, I did a search on YouTube and found lots o' stuff.
Among the clips is a fan made vid set to a Cat Empire tune called
"Nothing."  There are parts of this tune that are jazz-tinged.  No, I
didn't say it was jazz.  If you don't agree, bark at me off list.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that during the fan made clip, there
is a scene with a trumpet player sitting next to a kid playing
trombone.  I have scene this seen (to hell with homonyms) before, but
can't place it.  Anyone know the original film/video??  The scene is
about 2' 11" into the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tniYWIkv-AA

Enjoy.

All the best, Gary