[Dixielandjazz] Youtube

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Wed Mar 14 06:37:53 PDT 2007

This, regarding Bill Haesler's, or anyone else's, posting regarding
Youtube:
    I say let this issue of "youtube " legality be discussed in
newspapers, and other types of media, but not in this newsletter.
This is not the place.  I read the same article in my morning
newspaper, and was not looking forward to reprints in DJML.

If someone posts something we can enjoy on Youtube, then so be it.
Just like mountain climbers climb the mountain "because it is there",
so it is for us to use Youtube "because it's there".

Do the climbers question the legal right of the mountain to be there,
or even care about that legal issue? An entire Reuters article was
quoted in this newsletter, and should not have been.  That's like  me
posting a Reuters article about horse racing because I like the pitter
patter of little feet (well, maybe not so little).

Or, like posting an article about Brittany Spear's rehab because she
used to sing.