[Dixielandjazz] Ignorance and bomb throwing

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:59:08 PST 2007

Hi all,

By way of analogy, Steve Barbone writes (in a posting directed at John
Farrell):

>Being the best in your field is not always a positive indicator. After all,
>Adolph Hitler was the best at what he did.

Hitler . . . the best?  Well, I suppose it depends on how you define "best."
To be the best you have to be the most successful at achieving your goals.

Hitler set out to build a perfect aryan society. He wound up defeated,
committed suicide and left his homeland a totally devastated pile of rubble.

Furthermore, it seems to me that there are those among us who find too much
joy in flinging the gratuitous insult.

Other than that I find no fault in anything anybody says.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com