[Dixielandjazz] Ignorance and bomb throwing

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Mon Mar 12 07:02:45 PST 2007

Gentleman, and I do use term loosely.

Do we have a cultural difference here, this side of the pond, the best side,
8>), would be mortally offended if ones music, or anything else for that
matter, was referred to as Mickey Mouse. The great British (Yes I know he
was born in Canada) guitarist/banjo player, Diz Disley, would often use the
term as a put down.

It occurs to me that it is possible that is not used in the same way in the
States, being an American cultural icon, and brainchild of the wellknown FBI
informer, Mr. Walt Disney. Whoops!

Ivor