[Dixielandjazz] Ignorance and bomb throwing

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 06:46:47 PST 2007

John Farrell <stridepiano at btinternet.com>

> No apologies for repeating (below) Jerry Brown's response to Mr. Barbone's
> asinine assessment of the Bratislava Hot Serenaders' music. Jerry is right on
> the money - without any shadow of doubt the superb BHS is one of the best
> bands of its type on the planet, the music they play is out-and-out hot,
> exciting jazz and to question that fact demonstrates a complete lack of
> knowledge of this kind of thing.

Being the best in your field is not always a positive indicator. After all,
Adolph Hitler was the best at what he did. (according to Bobby Hackett, so
don't give me any BS about it)

You also seem unable to comprehend the written word. I did not assess their
music at all. I asked some questions about it. In your haste to be the best
in your field (nastiness) instead of addressing them factually, you went off
on an unrelated, personal attack, tangent.

> Mr. Barbone should stick to throwing his beads around.

Thank you for your opinion. So very nice of you. What should you stick to,
Mr. Farrell, verbal diarrhea?

> I've said it before - cartoon music? Phooey!!

What? You don't like Cartoon Music? Why of course you do. You love it.

Cheers ,
Steve Barbone