[Dixielandjazz] Fletcher Henderson's "Wrappin It Up"

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sun Mar 11 13:12:09 PST 2007

Steve;

Many of Henderson's arrangements which Fletch provided for Benny Goodman
were written for his own band and not modified for BG. My own take on these
studio recordings is that the Goodman orchestra sounded much better than the
Henderson band. The solos, for the most part, were better on the Henderson
discs.

Stan
Stan Brager