[Dixielandjazz] Jazz and Tourism - was - Rebirth of Jazz in New Orleans

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 13:22:40 PST 2007

 Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis at larrys.bands at charter.net wrote:

> Imagine that --- Jazz drawing tourists!  Who would have thought?

Yes, who would have thought? Another funny thing, My band plays several
concerts each year at a 3 day International Equestrian Event held in Chester
County PA. (we're a part of the ambience) Jonathan Russell our guest artist,
appears there with us.

During the past two years this event got about $30,000 in grant money from
the Chester County Tourist board because it draws tourists. And yep, the
band jazz concerts were prominently mentioned as part of the draw.

One never knows do one?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone