[Dixielandjazz] Red Fox / Archie Semple

Jerry Brown jazzjerry at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 8 12:20:19 PST 2007

Hi,

The full details of the New Lake Issue are given below
which shows that these are not quintet sessions and
come from 1956 and 1958 recordings for Doug Dobell so
will not overlap the future Jazzology  issue or so it
would appear.

Incidently it is great album and I can supply it
anywhere in the world! (Got to get a plug in!)

Archie Semple - Featuring... - Lake LACD240
Collectively:- Archie Semple - Clarinet; Colin Smith -
Trumpet; Roy Crimmins - Trombone; Fred Hunt - Piano;
Bill Reid or Chris Staunton - Bass; Johnny Richardson
- Drums plus guests:- Nat Gonella - Trumpet / Vocal;
Beryl Bryden - Vocal. Recorded 1956 and 1958. 63 mins.
Get Happy / Broadway / I Want Every Bit Of It /
Swingin’ The Blues / Some Of These Days / Makin’
Whoopee / I Can’t Face The Music / Northwest Passage /
Joshua / Oh Baby / Foolin’ Myself / Untitled Fast
Blues / Ma He’s Makin’ Eyes At Me / Ain’t Misbehavin’
/ Shine / I’m Confessin’ / All Of Me / Blues / I’m
Forever Blowing Bubbles / Who’s Sorry Now / I Want
Every Bit Of It

Cheers,

Jerry
Norwich U.K.