[Dixielandjazz] What we lack

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Thu Mar 8 00:02:38 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis" <larrys.bands at charter.net>

> They are not allowed to stop you unless you are driving erratically or
> have something wrong with your car. Busted rearlight is favourite, but NO
> RANDOM CHECKS.  Not yet anyway.

We had just bought a MGB or as the seller called it "a chromium plated tart
trap". I was my first sports car (and my last) we were driving down a quiet
country road doing about 40. A black car came roaring up behind me and
followed for about a mile, eventually, yes you've guessed the red lights
flashed and I pulled over. Officer John Back, I've a lousy memory, funny how
you remember some names, said "do you know there is a 30 limit on this road,
documents please.
And address." OK, I reply, Tishomingo, Sunningdale Ave, etc. His face lights
up, "Tishomingo Blues, I've got Bunk playing that" and a ten minute
conversation ensues.  I recognise a kindred spirit and my confidence rises
that everything was going to be ALL RIGHT. Thank you sir he says as he hands
me a summons.

Funny how it puts you off coppers.

Ivor