[Dixielandjazz] For the Bones out there.

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Mar 7 08:46:14 PST 2007

There are many good trombonists out there that are really good
players; Steve Turre, Wycliffe Gordon, Bob Havens, Dan Barret,
George Masso and many others.

I really get irritated when people slam other trombonists
because they don't do what Teagarden did or sound like him.

Teagarden is one of my favorite trombonists, but I'm not going
to sit here and say that he was the absolute best because you
cannot compare contrasting styles of playing.

It's like the old J.J versus Frank Rosolino argument. Two
different players, two different styles.

I agree technique could be better with some players but as long
as they have something to say and the ability to say it that's
all that matters to me.

Mike