[Dixielandjazz] More On Leningrad Dixieland JB

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Mar 6 20:31:12 PST 2007

The Sacramento Jazz Jubilee first hired the Leningrad Dixieland Jazz Band
very early on.  I don't remember the exact year but might have been in the
early 80s.  They had a couple of friends with them.  however, those friends
were KGB.

I remember that I thought about starting a rumor that the band was going to
defect to the US.  I thought about telling one person and then waiting to
see how the rumor spread.  But then it might have gone very bad for the band
so I didn't.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

 In the 60's, people took LSD to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird
and people take Prozac to make it normal.