[Dixielandjazz] Bill Sharp's Ideas

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Mar 6 12:10:02 PST 2007

AS I mentioned in my post to DJML, or maybe it was direct to Bill, we here
in Sacramento are doing a lot of the things that Bill mentioned.

The following is from the director of the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, May
25-28, 2007.

(snip)
Yes, these are some good ideas.  We're even doing some of them such as
having swing dancers at some of the pre-Jubilee gigs and doing the joint
promotion with Midtown Stomp on March 24th.  Also, we have a youth admission
($20 for the whole day) to Jubilee and a youth admission to the Sunday
Concerts ($3 member; $5 non-member).  We are also going to have a separate
handout for the young swing dancers that list the bands they like to dance
to.  Also, the Swing Dance Emporium will have the dance floor right in front
of the band, with spectators sitting along the sidelines and at the rear.
We are also planning some concerts at the local colleges during the
lunch hours.  It's still in the planning stage.
(snip)

 Up until last year we were pretty much handicapped by our Exec Director.
He was not into new ideas.  But since our new director took over, things are
much different.  We are moving ahead with lots of good, innovative ideas.

One big thing is our Swing Dance Emporium.  It was highly successful last
year with hundreds of young Swing Dancers coming from all over the world.
It will even be bigger this year.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

 In the 60's, people took LSD to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird
and people take Prozac to make it normal.