[Dixielandjazz] FW: What we lack

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Mar 6 10:28:52 PST 2007

There are two things different here.  The first one is fairly high quality
TV and a lot of it.  The second is our fondness for passing laws and suing
each other.  It's really easy to get laws passed against almost anything
here.  Recently a community here got up in arms about a Hooters restaurant
going in.  These people tried everything to get the town council to withdraw
their business license.  My hat is off to the members of the council that
stood up to them.  We now have another Hooters.  Some of this stuff is so
simple minded that it almost hurts.   If you don't want to see attractive
women in tight tops and shorts then DON'T GO THERE.  What a concept.
Larry
St. Louis