[Dixielandjazz] FW: What we lack

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Mar 6 01:09:18 PST 2007

Larry wrote about the US situation
1. First of all young people especially kids do like OKOM especially if it's
live and lively.
2. There is a volume level that young people like. Over 30 adults don't
generally go in for. 3. Then we get to the over 50 crowd that don't go out
that much
4. There is a different demographic among blacks than whites.

That's the great thing about Spaniards.  They don't gather in their homes,
they go out!  Everyone...of all ages.  And, going out means late afternoon
drinks starting around 7pm...just after the afternoon stroll, which seems to
be obligatory, dinner at 10pm (with wine, naturally), and after dinner
drinks (clubs/discos) until 3 or 4 in the am.  (There is where the kids
differ...they go on until 7am!) And, none of the age groups mind mixing it
up.  The spiked, colored hair of the groupies stand & sit alongside the
grannies.  (We've got one follower that is in her 80's, and her
grandchildren come in with her!)

Sunday through Wednesday may slow down a bit, but we still get a packed
house.  The other three days are like sardines in a can.

Above:
1.  all over the world
2.  also, all over the world.  Difference here is, everyone goes in for the
loudness.
3.  not true here....just the opposite
4.  not an issue here.  Gypsies don't blend much, but there aren't all that
many.

I realize there is not much sense in comparing the two life styles, but at
least it's interesting to see the way different folk get on.  I don't expect
any great changes on either side of the pond.

Jim