[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman - Fletcher Henderson

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sun Mar 4 09:28:26 PST 2007

I've been looking for a special recording of a Benny Goodman concert for
many years and I wonder if anyone knows if it's been released on CD or if
the LP is available. It's the tribute concert for Fletcher Henderson who had
suffered a brain hemorrhage. The concert was held on April 1, 1951 and
featured the original BG trio plus other jazz stars.

I've heard a few cuts on radio and was quite impressed.

If you have any information about this, please let me know.

Thanks;

Stan