[Dixielandjazz] Bluegrass origins

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Mar 4 08:57:54 PST 2007

Thanks Ken for the thumbnail sketch of Bluegrass history.  I like Bluegrass
to a point.  I am good for about a half hour then I want to turn the dial if
there is one.  There are a bunch of styles that I am the same way with.  For
example, I like Beethoven but only for about a half hour and the same with
Bach.  That exceeds Be Bop by 29 minutes.  I can do C&W for about 10
minutes. which is 10 more than I can do Rap.  My wife on the other hand can
put up with my singing for about four minutes whereas I can put up with it
for about nine minutes.

I should come up with the Larry Scale of musical tolerance and post it on
the wall somewhere.  That's why I like my Ipod so much.  I put it on shuffle
and it changes tracks every time a new tune plays.  The little thing has
really increased my enjoyment of music.
Larry