[Dixielandjazz] Budapest... Bohem Festival

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 02:38:47 PST 2007

Brian Harvey wrote about his experience of getting fined on the Budapest
transport system for not validating his ticket..... unlike other European
cities which have similar rules, the validation instructions aren't
translated into 35 languages so you need to read the Rough Guide or
something similar to know the rules. the cheapest way to get about is with
pass for all transport (the word for it sounds like Noppy AEdge to me!)

If you go on Tamas's trip you don't actually need to go near public
transport.  I'm not sure how they manage to tie everything together but
airport transfers worked very smoothly last year and we waited no more than
10 minutes for the coach to pick us up to take us to the festival.  After
the festival most of our group opted for the 2 day Budapest trip.  The coach
was available for all the daytime activities and we used taxis or walked to
a restaurant in the evening. (don't hail a cab in the street... get the
hotel and  restaurant to phone for you)

Mind you it's a pity not to try the transport system  if only to be
frightened by the speed of the escalators.  2 years ago I remember trembling
at the top trying to pick my moment to venture forth only to see Bob
Ringwald step on firmly and unflichingly and sail from view.

Tony and I are going for the third year running and we're not easy to please
:-)

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection