[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg Radio vs. TV

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Mar 3 08:41:25 PST 2007

He actually did an ad for radio with that joke  ("que the 1,000 ton
maraschino cherry") - I think it is on that 4 CD set, but I have it
on a "for the radio industry " LP somewhere.

That set also has 2 versions of his 9 minute musical "Omaha" that is
quite fantastic ;-)

I did a 4 hour radio show about Billy May soon after his passing so
there was a lot of Stan Freberg - but I played a lot of Freberg on
other shows as well - I guess my favorite is "Elderly Man
River." (also in the collection.)

Dave Richoux