[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg's "U. S. A."

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 3 04:28:23 PST 2007

 I've been recommending "Stan Freberg Presents the United States of America"
musical for years now, >>

Hi Dan,
if it was your recommendation I picked up please accept my thanks.  I have
both volumes and play them in the car constantly.  I agree that in general
the first CD is best but there are some great moments on both . I just
crease up at the ``Shoot if you must ` dialogue and rock tune in the `Martyr
of the Year` sequence. Then there is the Stephen Foster...and Rumplemeyers
Horseshoes....and Betsy Ross and the Flag in `Everbody wants to be an Art
Director......The Sale of Manhattan......so many great moments.

I see that there is a reference in the sleeve notes to a possible 3rd
Section. Roll on.

Thanks again

Pat