[Dixielandjazz] FW: Drummers

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Mar 1 02:17:32 PST 2007

>A drummer can make or break a band. Get a good one and it will take off
John Petters

And, no drummer at all is better than a bad one!  I know, 'cause we had a
bad experience the other nite with a poor substitute.  A good drummer, but
he tried to play everything in ever song.

The next nite, our normal drummer was back.  However, he arrived for the 3rd
song due to bad traffic.  We played the first two songs with no drummer
(just piano & bass), and the band had more swing in those two songs than in
the whole nite before....when we were playing with what sounded similar to a
WWII battlefield behind us.   :>

Jim