[Dixielandjazz] From Dan Augustine, in Austin, Texas!

Rebecca Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Jun 30 15:42:36 PDT 2007

Thanks to Dan for his review of the All Stars Concert in Austin.  Jim and I
were there and thoroughly enjoyed it!  We also had time for a quick F2F
since George Thurmond was there also. (Dave Stoddard, Dan Augustine, George
and me!)

We have enjoyed Bob Krinkle's playing for years and seldom get the
opportunity to hear him play bass sax.  What a treat!  AND the sax player,
Jon Doyle blew me away (no pun intended).  When he climbed up on the band
stand, I thought, "Oh no..  Not a Saxophone player!" and he proved to be a
wonderful player and made me realize I really do like to hear the sax... It
just has to be played by a talented and tasteful player.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX
(with all the rain in Texas, I am glad we are on a Mound!)