[Dixielandjazz] time signatures

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Jun 30 10:36:00 PDT 2007

There is a great joke (attributed to Dave Brubeck) about explaining
4/4 vs 5/4 and "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" but since this is a
family list I can't go there ;-)

A quick Google on "Time Signatures" turns up many different basic
music theory websites...
http://www.ababasoft.com/music/teory_time_signatures.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature
http://ct.essortment.com/musictheoryles_rmks.htm