[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Song List

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 27 09:57:18 PDT 2007

Mike,
Fred was right in his reponse to you. Such a list would indeed be
intimidating.
As another example, go to my site: http://www.mainely-jazz.com and see the
list I've generated (but not updated lately) of the tunes just a
redhotjazz.com which
concentrates on jazz and dance tunes from the 20's 30's and early 40's.
The direct link to that list is: http://www.mainely-jazz.com/rhsongs/
.
And my list ONLY includes the names at that site of the tunes for which they
actually
have audio clips. The full list of tunes/records mentioned on that site
alone would
easily be twice or more as long. - Further, there are a lot of records he
doesn't mention
on that site of smaller. lesser-known bands who recorded many of these same
tunes and
others of their own creation.

Another source is Brian Rust's Discography a large pair of books that cover
a tremendous
number of  recordings of the types of tunes you mention.

Regards,
Craig Johnson,
The Maine Street Paraders

> Dear Mike,
> Bill Haesler has answered your question with his usual knowledgeable,
> gracious, and friendly advice. Your best move may be to ask the reference