[Dixielandjazz] Cedar Basin Jazz Festival was great this year!!

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 07:42:49 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/25/2007 4:32:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mike at railroadstjazzwest.com writes:

It was a  lot of fun, if you ever have a chance to get up to
Cedar Falls, Iowa in  the last week in June, definitely check out
this festival. We got lucky  and dodged the heat this year; there
was a nice cloud cover that kept it  nice was manageable.

It was a fun place to be with the exception that my  Mom, from Minn. told me
it was going to be in the 90's and too bring cool  cloths. I froze all weekend
long and the rain made it very hard on me to get  around the mud in the park
so we only went down there one day for a short time.  We did see the bands at
the Holiday Inn and had the breakfast with the Natural  Gas band of course. In
all it was very nice and no one can change the weather. I  did feel sorry for
all the workers when they canceled the concert in the park on  Friday night
because of the rain but the Natural Gas then played a double  session at the
Holiday Inn so that made up for it.

Jazz Hugs

Judie &  Fred