[Dixielandjazz] Ruby Braff and Dick hyman

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Jun 24 18:03:34 PDT 2007

If you wanna hear something really beautiful, listen to Ruby with Dick Hyman
on
a recording of America The Beautiful.

It was first released on an LP.  I can't remember the title of the album but
I was in the studio in NY when Dick was mixing it down.

Dick was playing a pipe organ at some school, somewhere near NY and Ruby was
of course playing cornet -- Just the two of them.

The recording has since been released on CD under the title of "America The
Beautiful."

See:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/5659590/a/America,+The+Beautiful.htm

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --