[Dixielandjazz] Chapman Stick

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jun 24 12:58:06 PDT 2007

I happened to pick up a used one in Los Angeles about 15 years ago -
it is a very interesting instrument. Some guitarist and electric bass
players have also developed "string tapping" styles of playing with
similar results.

There is a range of Chapman Sticks still in production -
http://www.stick.com/ but I don't know how well they might work in an
OKOM band ;-)
(they have to be amplified...)

Dave Richoux