[Dixielandjazz] Gospel Tunes

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 24 10:22:57 PDT 2007

No real quarrel with Precious Lord being "the most popular gospel song  ever
written", until we blur boundaries between gospel and hymns.  The  lists of
most popular "hymns", contaminated by my recall, puts "How Great  Thou Art" at
the top followed by Amazing Grace.  Someone on list have info  on jazz
recordings of "How Great Thou Art"?  As I type I'm recalling a  cassette recording I
do, or did have, with Aretha Franklin singing Amazing Grace  that was awesome
ear candy.  Need to go shopping for that on CD.
Ginny

In a message dated 6/24/2007 9:48:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time,