[Dixielandjazz] Louis

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 14:37:15 PDT 2007

Amazing how similar the Muskrat Ramble recently posted about and shown on
YouTube, is to that of the version on "Ambassador Satch" made years earlier.

Just a few differences, but both swing like crazy. Edmund Hall, Barrett
Deems and Arvell Shaw were on the Ambassador Satch version, which helps make
it my favorite. That one was also recorded in Europe.

Bill Haesler, play the "All Stars" music for your young friends.

Cheers,
Steve

PS. Re the Hi De Ho man, who among us has seen all those Betty Boop cartoons
with music by Cab Calloway? I think he is in large measure, responsible for
Ms. Boop's popularity among those of us who remember those sexy cartoons
backed by his wonder music.

Oh no, not "cartoon music" again. :-) VBG