[Dixielandjazz] The Re-Invented Preservation Hall Jazz Band

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jun 22 10:45:49 PDT 2007

A Nit-Pick:

I don't THINK I ever heard a version of "St. James Infirmary" by Cab
Calloway with a “hi-de-hi-de-hi-de-ho” refrain
  - he did that on "Minnie the Moocher" and a few other related songs.
  Maybe he snuck one into a "St. James" sometime or other, but it
would have been rare!

(I do have a lot of Cab's recordings and often featured his work on
my show, but I could be wrong... ;-)

http://www.cabcalloway.cc/notes_of_interest.htm
http://mmstudio.gannon.edu/~gabriel/parker.html ("I was rappin’ 50
years ago, my rap lyrics were a lot more dirty than those in my
songs. And I did the moonwalk 50 years ago too" –Cab Callloway,1991!)

Dave Richoux

On Jun 22, 2007, at 6:55 AM, Steve Barbone wrote:
> NY TIMES - By BEN RATLIFF Published - June 21, 2007
snip