[Dixielandjazz] Fun With Benny's Microphones

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 17 17:52:08 PDT 2007

> Very incidentally, Mr. Kolodin spelled his name Kolodin, not Kodolin.

Dear Bob,
We should also mention that Irving Kolodin 'helped' BG write his
autobiography 'The Kingdom of Swing' (1939. Stackpole).
I have never owned nor seen a copy.
A summary I have (by Donald Kennington and Danny L Read) says in part:
"....does not reflect his musical importance. It was republished in
paperback form in 1962 and gives some useful data on the 1930s, but was
sharply critised by the English critic Benny Green in his essay on
Goodman in 'The Reluctant Art'.  I have never owned nor seen a copy of
this either.
Kind regards,
Bill.