[Dixielandjazz] Barbra Streisand Tour - (Following The Money)

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 17 17:43:10 PDT 2007

Here's a note from a guy who plays trombone with us when not touring with
Liza Minelli, or Blood Sweat & Tears, or in NYC, or where else the money is.

Looks like the money for Streisand and that 58 piece band is in Europe.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Hi Steve,

I know most of the guys in Streisand's band. Barbra is getting $5 million/
gig (yes, really!). Band is generally paid $2500/ wk; $5000/wk lead chairs.
Drums, piano may be a bit more. She's had one gig cancelled (St. Petersburg,
Russia, I think - replaced by a gig in Berlin), due to public outcry over
ticket prices which are $800 - $1000 and up, depending on the venue. The
tour is out for about 6 weeks with a show every 3 or 4 days or so. Nice
schedule, nice gig. I've gotten some resid Broadway show work behind this,
but generally it's been a very busy summer for me.

Wednesday, August 1, in Kennett Square PA. 6:30-8:30 PM is GOOD for me and,
though lead player money would be cool, because you're a friend and I like
the gig, I'll give you a huge discount and do it for the offered $200. (Ha,
Ha)

See you between tours on July 4th. Looking forward to it, and gigging with
Jonathan Russell.