[Dixielandjazz] OKOM and Criminals.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 16 22:58:36 PDT 2007

At approx 11:00 am today, my car was stolen.  As I was putting on my coat
and hat to head out to buy some household necessities, I heard a car driving
off.  My brain said to myself, "You don't recognise the sound of that car
driving off."  I logged the info, and kept preparing to exit the apartment
to begin my day.  I exited, locked the apartment, walked over to the
carport, and my car was gone.  I was frozen.  The car I'd heard driving off
that I didn't recognise the sound of, was MY OWN, because I've never heard
the sound of MY OWN CAR DRIVING OFF.

The report was filed immediately, but the officer said it was most likely,
only minutes after I'd called, stripped in some warehouse somewhere for the
engine (a 1990 Honda Accord EX).

My point, other than to beg for some sympathy?  Like a fool, I've been
leaving my stereo "face" in the glove compartment for convenience, rather
than taking it into my apartment.  So, in order to effectively remove the
car stereo for their nefarious purposes, they had to connect the face, most
likely press Play, and hear Ernie Carson's Goose Hollow Gang wailing on God
know's what.  Additionally, I now know I need to replace that CD in my
collection.

Maybe one of those involved might register something good from what they
hear while dismantling my system!

Cryingly,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.