[Dixielandjazz] Back to square one -- (sigh) BG Small Groups

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 14 21:27:59 PDT 2007

On Friday, June 15, 2007 Laurence Swain wrote:
> Just got this note from Worlds:
>    We were out of this Benny Goodman set when your order arrived and
> we have
>     learned that RCA has deleted this title.  We apologize for the
>     inconvenience.
> What now?

Dear Larry,
Another mail order firm I have been using for a little while now is
Venerable Music.
Good service too.
They seem to have access to some items that Worlds run out of, like
French Classics. They also have the Documents blues label CDs.
I've just checked and they seem to still have the RCA 'The Complete
Small Group Recordings' ($42.50) and one I mentioned the other day, the
Columbia 'Small Groups' 1941-1945'  ($11.50).
Try them at:
    www.venerablemusic.com/catalog
There is a 'Search' panel top left. Type in <Benny Goodman> to access
their stock list, then scroll down to the two mentioned above. Click on
either one and you will get the full tune list and CD details plus the
link to the Checkout.
They provide a small discount too, which helps with postage.
Good luck.
Kind regards,
Bill.