[Dixielandjazz] Mournful Serenade vs Chimes Blues

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:12:10 PDT 2007

Just listening on live365, Dixieland Gumbo.

How could Jelly Roll get by with "writing", much less recording, "Mournful
Serenade" which is almost note for note, certainly change for change, Chimes
Blues?

I've noticed that with a lot of JRM recordings, I can't come up with other
titles right now, but there are others which are near duplicates of other,
older tunes.

Just a curiosity.

steve