[Dixielandjazz] HOW ABOUT EXPANDING OKOM REPERTOIRE?

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 07:45:50 PDT 2007

To all the hard working bands out there, I'd love to hear your opinion  about
what I hope you won't call a dumb idea. It seems to me that OKOM's  appeal
could be broadened considerably by augmenting the list of songs played.  Does
anyone venture into the 60's through 90's guitar-based repertoire and do it  in
Dixie style, for example? When I played piano in a Dixie band we would
occasionally do Broadway show tunes in Dixie style (even before Louie's Hello
Dolly) and it worked. Am I stating the obvious that everyone does already or is
there room for new experimentation here?

Dan (backup piano) Spink