[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet tuning

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Wed Jun 13 13:04:04 PDT 2007

Another help for developing good reeds is following Ben Armato's book, "Prefect A Reed & Beyond".

The butt end of a reed is a parabolic curve and most reeds are not "perfect"  Ben's "Reed Wizard" tool fixes out of shape reeds and
results in many reeds playing well that at first try did not work.

The tool can be used for any size reed from soprano to bass sax as well as clarinet.

If interested, you can look him up in the web.

Russ Guarino