[Dixielandjazz] Flat instruments

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Wed Jun 13 12:19:15 PDT 2007

I have several instruments that will now and forevermore play flat, no
matter what you do to them - -  -- - - -they were doing street street
repairs in front of my house, and when I noticed that they had an
asphalt roller I asked them if they would flatten several old brass
instruments I had.

They thought it was hilarious to watch as I began tossing old
trombones, trumpets, saxes, and a flute under the roller, and several
of them began taking pictures.  I wanted them flattened to hang as
decorations on my fence.  They no longer play sharp, but rather have a
very "flat" sound.  ( not much change in the cymbal though)